Hi friends and family!
I wanted to share some quick thoughts with you as we wrap up our time in Budapest. This year was my fourth year coming to Budapest with the high school students and each year I come home with new memories and deepened relationships with our team members and the campers I have gotten to know over the past few years. This trip is truly special to me and Karl and we are always in awe of how God is at work here.
While on this trip, Psalm 84 has been on my mind and specifically verse 10 which says “For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere.” It has been my prayer that these Hungarian students that I have come to know and love would understand that this life is fleeting and what the world has to offer us cannot compare to what we can find in Jesus Christ.
I wanted to include a list of things that can be prayed for as we return to the states.
- Pray that the campers who made a profession of faith during these two weeks of camp would quickly get connected to a local bible preaching church.
- Pray for the seeds that were planted in the hearts and minds of the campers and that they would continue to grow in their knowledge and love of God and that it would produce fruit.
- Pray for our students as they return and continue processing all that they experienced here. (We had a great debrief session today)
- Pray for the missionaries that remain here all year long. Pray that they would get some rest after having done 4 weeks of English camp in a row and pray that they would be diligent in following up with those who were at camp.
- Pray for our flights back home!
Thank you to everyone that read our blog posts, prayed for us before and during our trip, and those who gave financially. We are thankful that he has chosen us all (including everyone mentioned before) to partner with Him in this work that he has called us to. Please come to our Hungary report on Sunday, July 30 from 2-4 p.m. at the Barrington Campus.
See you when we get home!